The attached photographs show the progress to date. Over the next few days they will be completing the steel partition which segregates the foot passenger accommodation and the car deck and then lifting this into place.
Over the following months the build schedule will be as follows:
- Completion of first phase fit out – September
- Painting – October
- Second phase fit out – October/November
- Glazing being fitted – November
- Systems testing – December
- Move from build shed to wet dock – January 2017
- Tow to Cowes – January 2017
The bridge is currently scheduled for delivery from Pembroke Dock to Cowes in mid to late January 2017; once it has arrived it will be installed on the chains and will be subject to final testing, commissioning and staff training before it comes into operation.